- Equinox Sunrise Around the Worldby iftttauthorways4eu on 30. September 2022 at 4:22
A planet-wide collaboration resulted in this remarkable array of sunrise photographs taken around the September 2022 equinox. The images were contributed by 24 photographers, one in each of 24 nautical time zones around the world. Unlike more complicated civil time zone boundaries, the 24 nautical time zones are simply 15 degree longitude bands corresponding to
- AM Showers today!by iftttauthorways4eu on 30. September 2022 at 3:59
AM Showers today! With a high of 16C and a low of 16C. 95 Humidity. 7 C currently. 5 Km/h Wind from Northeast.
- Neptune Shows Off Its Rings in Near-Infrared Lightby iftttauthorways4eu on 29. September 2022 at 16:19
On Sept. 21, 2022, the James Webb Space Telescope delivered the clearest view of Neptune’s rings in more than 30 years. via NASA https://ift.tt/CIjX65k
- DART Asteroid Impact from Spaceby iftttauthorways4eu on 29. September 2022 at 4:37
Fifteen days before impact, the DART spacecraft deployed a small companion satellite to document its historic planetary defense technology demonstration. Provided by the Italian Space Agency, the Light Italian CubeSat for Imaging Asteroids, aka LICIACube, recorded this image of the event’s aftermath. A cloud of ejecta is seen near the right edge of the frame
- Showers today!by iftttauthorways4eu on 29. September 2022 at 3:59
Showers today! With a high of 12C and a low of 12C. 90 Humidity. 6 C currently. 5 Km/h Wind from Southeast.
- Ellen Ochoa Suits Upby iftttauthorways4eu on 28. September 2022 at 17:20
Astronaut Ellen Ochoa, STS-110 flight engineer, wears a launch and entry suit as part of water survival training in the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory in 2001. via NASA https://ift.tt/VEv0TYQ
- A Furious Sky over Mount Shastaby iftttauthorways4eu on 28. September 2022 at 4:47
Is the sky angry with Mount Shasta? According to some ancient legends, the spirits of above and below worlds fight there, sometimes quite actively during eruptions of this enormous volcano in California, USA. Such drama can well be imagined in this deep sky image taken in late June. Evident above the snow-covered peak is the
- Rain today!by iftttauthorways4eu on 28. September 2022 at 3:59
Rain today! With a high of 12C and a low of 12C. 96 Humidity. 8 C currently. 16 Km/h Wind from Southwest.
- DART Team Celebrates Successful Collisionby iftttauthorways4eu on 27. September 2022 at 19:40
In this image from Sept. 26, 2022, the Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) team, Dr. Thomas Zurbuchen, and guests at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory cheer as they receive confirmation of DART’s collision with Dimorphos. via NASA https://ift.tt/moeUzlh
- DART: Impact on Asteroid Dimorphosby iftttauthorways4eu on 27. September 2022 at 4:23
Could humanity deflect an asteroid headed for Earth? Yes. Deadly impacts from large asteroids have happened before in Earth’s past, sometimes causing mass extinctions of life. To help protect our Earth from some potential future impacts, NASA tested a new planetary defense mechanism yesterday by crashing the robotic Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) spacecraft into